A VISA to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy as early as 06 months prior to the date of travel. The applicant must submit:
1. The application form must be completed online,
Choose ENGLISH language (top right corner);
Place of visa submission and collection should be VIET NAM EMBASSY IN AUSTRIA
Field with (*) is compulsory.
In case it is impossible for you to fill in the visa application online, you can download a PDF visa application form (click here).
Completed form must be printed out, signed and attached with 01 photo (passport size).
2. Original PASSPORT (which requires at least 01 month validity prior the date of exit from Vietnam and/or 06 month validity to meet airlines’ requirements) and 01 copy of passport (photo and personal detail pages).
3. Visa fees: The current fees (such as visa approval arrangement fee, processing fee, shipping, handling and expedite services) may be checked at:
4. A prepaid return envelope, if the applicant requests the visa be returned by mail.
3 - 5 business days are required to process visa applications.
9.00 AM – 12.00 AM and 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Embassy of Vietnam in Vienna
Felix-Mottl- Str. 20, 1190 Vienna, Austria
Please take into consideration Austrian and Vietnamese holidays when you plan your visa application. In addition, no mail can be delivered at the Embassy during weekends and holidays.
For further information, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy:
Address: Felix-Mottl-Str. 20, 1190 Wien
* Applicant is responsible for checking accurate information on visa being issued by the Embassy. In case of mistakes, please contact the Embassy immediately for correction. Otherwise, applicant is fully responsible for the mistakes.
According to current Vietnamese Immigration Laws (Ordinance on entry, exit, residence of foreigner in Vietnam dated 28/04/2000; Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP dated 28/05/2001; Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT-BCA-BNG dated 29/01/2002 to implement related Ordinance and Decree), visitors can only apply for a visa upon arrival at Vietnam’s international airports under the following circumstances:
Being invited by Vietnamese government for official visit;
Attending funerals of family members;
Taking care of family members who are seriously ill;
Providing technical emergency support; medical care for seriously-ill patients; natural disaster and epidemic relief in Vietnam;
Under the above-mentioned circumstances, travellers MUST obtain an approval letter signed and sealed by the Embassy of Vietnam in Austria prior to their trips to Vietnam.
The Embasy is NOT responsible for any inconveniences if visitors are not allowed to get on board or are refused to enter Vietnam in case they do not have a valid visa or a letter of pre-approval issued by the Embassy.